This blog is dead

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Only a Cold Indifference ...


Not so resourceful, after all.

After seeing Herzog’s remarkable Grizzly Man twice in the same weekend, I was reminded of this snapshot I took at the Kentucky State Fair last month.

More specifically, I was reminded of how little empathy I felt for the ironically disposed bear you see here. I think back to a John Ed Pearce column about the original Care Bear craze of the early ‘80s, in which the acrid old coot noted that missing from the ranks of Hope Bear and Sunshine Bear were (and still are, I’d warrant) Profit Bear and Tear Your Throat Out With One Swipe of Its Paw If You Get Too Close to Its Young Bear.

I do not like bears. They might like me, although I imagine I'd have something of a salty aftertaste.

No comments: