This blog is dead

Friday, September 30, 2005

Back from the Social Grave

I used to have day-long open houses every Halloween.

Folks would come and go for chili and spooky movies. Initially, it would always be on the 31st -- even if it meant taking a day off from work -- but later it drifted to the nearest weekend. Friends left town, people lost interest, and I stopped doing the party about five years ago, I'd guess.

As autumn and middle age consume my horizons, I'm thinking about doing the open house one more time. I don't suppose anyone would come, but it would give me an excuse to make another party flier, which is about as creative as I ever get. The one here (circa 2000) is my favorite, I think. My rudimentary Photoshop skills have improved a bit, but not much.

I have this year's theme all picked out ...

2 comments:

Susan said...

I hope someone or at least a few people show up. Good Luck

Angela said...

Let me get this straight...

I finally got to attend one of your awesome Halloween parties then the next year you stopped having them. Now that I have moved out of state you start having them again.

I'm sensing a theme here...