This blog is dead

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Best Picture Ever Taken of Me


Full of and surrounded by hot air.

Serendipitous tripe

This photo was not posed. It was snapped by a friend of mine, Matt Stone, who was married a couple weekends ago near Bloomington, Ind. I had the pleasure of being the best man. It was a fine wedding. The reception featured opera grad students singing karaoke.

Matt is a professional photographer, as were two of the groomsmen. At various points, there were four professional cameramen snapping each other as they snapped the festivities.

I do not usually chew gum, but big, fat gumballs are a routine menu item when I'm on one of my caloric benders, which was surely the case this day. I suppose the surroundings sparked some subconscious urge to blow the bubble, but I can't imagine the odds of my gum perfectly matching the color of the wedding decorations.

I say it's the best photo of me ever because there's so much else to look at.

1 comment: