This blog is dead

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Not that anybody cares ...

generic tripe

I was interviewed by a Courier-Journal reporter of my acquaintance today about this self-same blog. Seems The Courier is interested in bloggers who are writing about NCAA hoops. I can’t help but feel that I’m poor subject matter. Certainly, I’ve been running my mouth about hoops for the better part of 37 years, but I started blogging about a week ago. Seems like cheating, in a way.

At any rate, the reporter – a passionate journalist, Louisville Cardinal alum, lover of fine barbeque and fledgling blogger in his own right – asked me why I started this Web log anyway, and who I hope will read it. Of course, the real answer is that I aspire to emulate the almighty Twinkie in all that I do. As to who will read this thing, I could say only that I’ve really never thought about it, and now that I have, I don’t care so much.

Blogging, I think, is a purely egocentric – to be more forthcoming, narcissistic – proposition. So far, I’ve written only about my tiresome personal biases and irrelevant observations. That’s about as far as I plan to take it, really. As a writer (at least of sorts), it pleases me to do this. It’s far more fun than spending an hour on an e-mail about a potential content licensing deal.

I don’t imagine that I’ll change anybody’s mind about anything. Not really trying to. Those few folks who choose for some strange reason to follow this little blog will probably get tired of reading it before I get tired of writing it. Except, of course, any UK fans I may offend – Capt. Ahab, Khan Noonian Singh and the bunny lady from Fatal Attraction have got nothing on those guys when it comes to fury scorned.

Well, that’s pretty much my vision.

And, oh yeah, it’s free.

No comments: